Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Interior Inspiration: Homeware Wishlist
I was supposed to "spring" clean AKA Marie Kondo our house, but then spring turned into summer and I'm still sitting amidst a pile of books stacked around me in the living room, eyeing up skirts I haven't worn for years that are threatening to topple the lids off of clear Tupperware containers and walking past random pieces of paper that are too important to throw away yet not important enough to put away (you feel me on this one?).
So, even though I should really be minimizing, these are the five items I found online this week that I've been drooling over and just can't quite get out of my head:
1. Mint green enamel bowls - specifically, for ice cream. I've been eating so much ice cream since my jaw/sinus operation (and a subsequent abscessed tooth on the opposite side - don't even ask) that I think I'm going to turn into a tub of Madagascan slow-churned vanilla. Then I became unsatisfied with scooping ice cream into the plain white bowls we use for soup and am now convinced that I need these mint enamel bowls from Postcards Home, specifically for ice cream.
2. Gold glass vase - for my new Abigail Ahern faux flowers. So faux, yet so realistic. You'll see.
3. Cotton throw - just to, you know, drape casually across our West Elm garden sectional and wrap around myself for evening movie nights that are inadvertently cut short by mosquitos biting every bit of exposed skin. Sad face.
4. Marble salt cellar - when we stayed at an Airbnb in Bordeaux, the owner had this effortlessly chic way of storing salt in her kitchen: in a little glass dish with an impossibly small spoon. It was simple, irreverent, and totally French. This OTT beauty from Att Pynta is my way of paying homage to this way of French cooking.
5. Ikat bamboo placemats - for outdoor dining. They'd look great on our garden table.
What's on your wishlist?